The FP ClickStab® system from Future Production, previously named Gooseneck Handling System, is set to be installed on two rig newbuilds from Awilco Drilling currently under construction at Keppel Fels in Singapore.
Per Andreas Vangsgaard, Vice President Technical at Awilco Drilling, says the FP ClickStab® system will help provide both Awilco and their future clients with a best possible rig efficiency.
– The FP ClickStab® system is essential for us as we aim to provide new rigs to the market with a high focus on energy conservation and efficiency. More importantly, the system enables us to remove personnel from high-risk positions over open sea, which strengthens our focus on rig safety and HSE.
Major effect on NPT
The FP ClickStab® system connects the kill & choke-, conduit- and boost-hoses between the rig and the riser telescopic joint. Without the system installed, an extensive manual operation is needed to perform the task.
– Our system performs the operation in minutes, as opposed to several hours demanded from a manual operation. In this regard the FP ClickStab® system has a significant positive effect on the rig NPT, Torstein Bringa, CEO in Future Production states.
– The two Awilco newbuilds are both set to perform in the North Sea, where conditions can get tough. In such harsh weather areas it is especially important to reduce personnel risk and prioritize safety, and to extend the rig operation window.
Bringa says the two forthcoming Awilco deliveries are testament to the work put in over several years from a professional and long-term focused organization.
– The deliveries are a major milestone for us again demonstrating the superiority of the FP ClickStab® system with respect to safety and efficiency. All of our previous deliveries of the system have experienced minimal need for maintenance. Our quality is proven, he says.
– We are also pleased to work with MHWirth, who is our contractual partner for the FP ClickStab® system and who delivers the drilling packages for the rigs.
More advanced MPD-solution
The FP ClickStab® system was originally designed and developed in close cooperation with Frigstad Offshore, who installed the system on their Scarabeo 9 rig in 2011. Two rigs now under Equinor operation also installed the system in 2016. The system is now in operation on 5 rigs, whereas the 6th and 7th is set for the two Awilco newbuilds.
– It has been redeveloped and optimized several times over the years, and it is always customized to optimize operation and meet the individual needs of each rig, Bringa explains.
Future Production also boasts a similar system as the FP ClickStab®, customized to significantly improve efficiency of Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) system rig-up and rig-down.
– Our MPD-system is more advanced as the system connects mud return hoses and electrical and hydraulic control lines to the riser within minutes.
Two further options
The two FP ClickStab® system deliveries could potentially be followed by number three and four, as Awilco holds options for two additional newbuilds with Keppel Fels.
– We aim to set rig number three, and possibly number four, in production as soon as our newbuild no. 1 is signed to a high-rate contract, Vangsgaard reveals.
For further information on the FP ClickStab® system from Future Production see extended product information here.